1. About Federal Student Aid Video: An overview of the Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid and its role in providing financial aid to help pay for college or career school.
2. FAFSA Overview Video: Provides an overview of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the application process.
3. Types of Federal Student Aid Video: Information on different types of federal aid available, including loans, grants, and work-study jobs.
4. Overview of the Financial Aid Process Video: Get an overview of the availability of federal financial aid for college, the FAFSA, and the process for applying for and receiving aid.
5. How to Create an FSA ID Video: Encourage students to watch this video before starting their FAFSAs, so they understand how to create an FSA ID—a username and password.
6. FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents Video: Provides tips for parents who are helping their child complete the FAFSA. Includes info on the FAFSA process, signing the FAFSA using an FSA ID, and more.
7. How to Fill Out the FAFSA Video: Learn about the steps for completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
8. Myths About Financial Aid Video: Address common myths about financial aid: having too much income, not having good enough grades, or needing to file taxes before completing the FAFSA.
9. After the FAFSA: What Happens Next Video: Learn what happens after you submit the FAFSA. Includes information about the Student Aid Report, EFC, the role of schools, award letters, and receiving aid.
10. Responsible Borrowing Video: Learn about responsible borrowing, loan repayment, and carefully weighing the costs of college and potential income after graduation.
11. Budgeting Video: Provides an overview of how budgeting can help students make smart financial decisions, as well as information on creating and maintaining a budget.
12. FAFSA: Determining Dependency Status Video: Walk through the criteria for determining whether a FAFSA applicant is an independent or dependent student.
13. How to Manage Your Student Loans Video: Get info on how to manage student loans, including changing repayment plans, and options for students who are having trouble making payments.
14. Repayment: What to Expect Video: Learn about loan repayment options and selecting a repayment plan, the role of loan servicers, and looking up student loan history in the NSLDS system.